MGF Seats for Triumph Herald / Vitesse

Billus99

I fitted a pair of black leather MGF seats, which are in excellent condition, on bespoke alloy frames into my Triumph Vitesse convertible, earlier this year. These retain the original runners to have full forward / back travel that works far better than the original Triumph runners.

They are great for a saloon / estate, however I am 5'11" and they won't go quite far enough back for me as the B post in a convertible restricts rear movement. So, I have now bitten the bullet and bought yet another pair of seats (MX5 seats this time) as I think they will fit the convertible better. My winter project is now to change the seats yet again! Whilst I am at it, I will be fitting a new bellhousing, changing brake and clutch mater cylinders, and fitting a new gearbox tunnel.

I'm selling the MGF seats on eBay if anyone is interested, item 171571088993. 

I also have the original seats, if anyone would like these FOC.

The MX5s certainly work well. I found that they needed lifting 30mm to be comfy. I Used some hardwood. The fitted seatbelt reciever is also a perfect match for my inertia belts.

What colour are the originals and where are you. Could use some black 13/60s

• 2 weeks later...

I fitted a pair of black leather MGF seats, which are in excellent condition, on bespoke alloy frames into my Triumph Vitesse convertible, earlier this year. These retain the original runners to have full forward / back travel that works far better than the original Triumph runners.

They are great for a saloon / estate, however I am 5'11" and they won't go quite far enough back for me as the B post in a convertible restricts rear movement. So, I have now bitten the bullet and bought yet another pair of seats (MX5 seats this time) as I think they will fit the convertible better. My winter project is now to change the seats yet again! Whilst I am at it, I will be fitting a new bellhousing, changing brake and clutch mater cylinders, and fitting a new gearbox tunnel.

I'm selling the MGF seats on eBay if anyone is interested, item 171571088993. 

I also have the original seats, if anyone would like these FOC.

Hi Billuss 99 - do you still have either the MGF or the original Vitesse seats (Mk2) ? I've been away from the forum for a while and have only just seen your post. Thanks. Robin