HOW CLOSE IS CLOSE ?? !!

Absolutely Colin.

I'm trying to understand why it could / is that close to the wheel rim.

A couple of years ago when I was doing a lot of work on the engine, the car was fully raised off the ground, for about a year, being supported on the chassis. On putting the car on the floor I noted that the set-up is as shown in the photo.

Annoyingly I cannot recall if it was like that prior to the car being in the air; not something I would have thought checking.

My only thought was that the shock absorbers had increased in length and then with the car settled on the ground the shocks did not compress correctly. However the fact that has occurred on both sides seems to throw doubt on that theory.

So to date, I have no answers and hopefully somebody on the Forum may.

The wheels are being replaced with a set of Dunlop D1's so I will be checking the fitment before stripping out the other Rotoflex d/shaft assembly.

I have to add that I've never encountered a problem - but that is very close, perhaps it could be the wheel. I just do not know.

Many thanks.

Richard.

Are those Revolution wheels, Richard?

Mine are so close that when the inner rim picks up some of the 'marbles' - worn rubber - from the track, they are smeared out in a thin black film on the nice clean paint.

But brake cleaner gets it off.

John

Hello John.

These are Superlites http://www.superlite-wheels.co.uk/ which were on the car when I purchased it about seven years ago.

Never had any issues with them, but they are 6J x 13 and I would rather go with 5.5j x 13 which of course the D1's are, so ticks all the boxes for me.

The wheels and tyres are to be sold.

Many thanks.

Richard.

• 4 weeks later...

My back wheels were exactly the same on the GT6 with JBW alloys, got fed up with the suspension ripping the balance weights off the wheels every time I had the tyres changed so I've now got 20mm spacers on the back that get the wheels out further so they don't touch any more.