Spitty overheated....

Dan Miller

hi all

loving the new forum yahoooooooo....

well, with a new forum, comes new news....  after a year and a month since the overheating incident, today I drove spitty up the cul-de-sac and back onto the drive way again, a complete car... 

I had spent the last few tinkering days trying to get the lights to work...  and wait for it...  they were not broken, I had forgotten about the switch in the middle of the dash...  no joke...  oh dear.....

anyway, she ran pretty well after the rebuild, not idling well and the choke will not stay out even for a second so think I might have it too tight or something and need to mess with the idler...  she worked fine when the sun was out a few weeks back but temp has dropped 10+ degrees here so might need to tweak her...

brakes need bled, maybe the fluid renewed, so I have bought one of them compressor based bleeding systems (used one before and it was the only way I really got on with)

was nice to sit in her again and drive her...    I think a bit more work on the exhaust, brakes, and just a few checks, and she will be ready for MOT!  (just in time for the end of the season haa haa)

that's all for now!!!

Dan

• Like 1

still a bit worried about how hot she runs...  hoping as she runs in, she will cool down...  the last thing I read about a hot spitty engine after everything else has been sorted, is the water pump housing itself...  in that if corroded, it can hinder coolant flow...  

and the damn horn stopped working argghh!!!