1971 GT6 MK3 Body Mounting

xebec

Hi,

First of all it is great to see the forum back. Hopefully it will go from strength to strength. I have a question if I may:

Who can give me a definitive answer as to where I can get the correct body mounting kit for replacing the body onto the chassis of  my 1971 GT6 MK3. I have seen so many derivatives that it is difficult to say which is which. When I removed the body I found on every mounting point a rubber ring attached (this looked homemade) with silicone which I have been trying to find out whether this is correct or not. Various dealers seem to have different contents to there kits and I am at this moment at a loss as to which kit I need to go for. Can anybody throw some light on this please. Thanks & Regards, Ken.

Thanks Cookie. The problem however is that all kits are different i.e. Rimmers, Paddocks etc all show different contents in the kits. I am looking to find out who actually has the correct one. That's a problem that I need to overcome as the body is ready to be put back on the chassis...

In my experience,  it is just a question of having enough packers, aluminium and the rubber ones rather than where they come from although the ones from Paddock are slotted which is convenient. I think each shell needs differing amounts of packing in order to achieve the shut lines. This has certainly been the case on my new shell. I sat it on the chassis and where there was a gap between the body mounting and chassis mount I just slotted in sufficient spacer to fill the gap. This ensured that no undue stress was placed on the shell when the screws were tightened.