Clutch bearing arm - what's the difference?

Colin Lindsay

I've sorted the first part of the query within minutes of posting so had to edit the post again - the short bearing carrier in the photo is Spitfire, and the longer Herald. That explains that! However it's the arms I'm trying to identify.

I need to replace one on a 1967 Herald with diaphragm clutch; the two sliding side dowels are seized solid so I'll have to use a spare. If the one with the flatter bearing carrier is Spitfire (in photo) then I have a choice of that one or a spare Herald version for coil clutch. I know coil clutches have a flat faced bearing and diaphragm clutches a curved bearing, but what other differences are there, particularly in the arms themselves? I'll be replacing the carrier and the bearing for a diaphragm version in any case, so it's just differences in the arms that may cause bother. 

Part numbers appear to be 207907 and 213032 for early and late arms respectively, plus 125374 and 139563 for the bearing carriers. Does anyone know what the exact differences are? I've compared like for like and can't see any differences at all.

DSCF7671.jpg.f09e5e48b1711fc95b45d2990c1e724d.jpg DSCF7653.jpg.ee3ad96a4b43178652ec5beaea9bc39d.jpg

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I need to replace one on a 1967 Herald with diaphragm clutch; the two sliding side dowels are seized solid so I'll have to use a spare.

Incidentally - after about another hour's wrestling with these - and I broke a g-clamp on them - I just suddenly wondered: why?

Left them where they were, pressed off the bearing and replaced it onto the carrier, and replaced the rollpins. To use a good local phrase: it'll do.