Door Problems Vitesse MK1

Paul Marshall

I have got most of my issues sorted apart from my passenger door. It is now beautifully aligned with good panel gaps. However, I am having problems opening the door. It will only open if I press the button and also press the door in slightly when it clicks and then opens. Without pressing the door in the button goes in but does not open. Anybody had this problem. Any suggestions welcome.  I am mindful that in an emergency, access could be difficult.

Paul

On 16/03/2020 at 18:44, dave.vitesse said:

Have you adjusted door catch on the B post to match the changed alignment of the door.

Dave

Thanks Dave

Done that so I don't think that is the problem

Paul

On 16/03/2020 at 19:18, Pete Lewis said:

if its staying in the latched position i would  rotate the striker on its adjustment , if its wrong it can keep the cam lock stuck in the

strikers hook shape   worth a look see

pete

Thanks Pete

My mechanic doesn't understand the bit" the cam lock stuck in strikers hook shape" Can you explain further please

Paul 

the cam lock is the bit that sticks out the door , it rotates 1/4 of a turn  it locates and rolls round to a latched position in the shaped location in the striker on the B post

the striker is quite adjustable and if its not aligned correctly the cam latch wont roll /rotate to come out of the striker nicely it fouls up

so the striker adjusts not just up /down/ in/ out/   but allows some rotational alignment aswell.

pete

didnt say it would work  !!!!  also make sure only about 3mm free play button tappet to lovk lever inside the door

just in case the lock is not being fully released  ( theres a tappet screw on end of button ) sometimes visible thro hole in  edge of door casing 

Pete

• Like 1