Dipstick tube and engine breather dimensions

Geoff Williams

Hello,

My 1147cc engine is missing the dipstick tube (UKC4763) and engine breather (105737) which are no longer available.  I can most likely manufacture them myself but it would be very much easier if i had the the following dimensions:-

1. The overall length of the dipstick tube (UKC 4763), or if it’s on the vehicle, how much it sticks out of the block.

2  The diameter of the crankcase breather tube (105737) at its narrow end and the length of the narrow bit, and the diameter and lengths and of the other limbs.

Any advice would be gratefully received.  

Thanks  Geoff

UKC4763.jpg

105737.jpg

get a second hand stick  fill sump with specified amount and mark the stick with a full mark if you fill less 1 ltr you can mark that as the low level marker 

before  you top up to 'full'

then you can use any for another 

does youres have the DS  tube in the block ???  or justa hole in the block ??

Pete

Many thanks Colin and Peter.  Just the job for the breather and good advice for the dipstick tube.  There's just a hole in the block where the dipstick tube fits. I have a dipstick so can fill the engine with the right amount of oil to work out the lenght of the dipstick tube.

I'll let you know how I get on .

Geoff

2 minutes ago, Geoff Williams said:

I have a dipstick so can fill the engine with the right amount of oil to work out the lenght of the dipstick tube.

I'll let you know how I get on .

Geoff

I was just this minute searching for dipstick tubes; the same one for the Spitfire UKC4763 was also used on the TR7, and whilst many claim that it's no longer available you can buy new ones for various models of MGB, which may be suitable.

12h3351.jpg.132eaa23c188e759c9c8d1b8e9228206.jpg