Front wiring loom routing

Tom

Hello again,

I'm psyching myself up to put the rear tub back on by doing some pointless jobs that have been bugging me at the front end!!!

My wiring loom in the engine bay runs under the left engine mount, there are 4 unused wiring loom clips ( bent pieces of steel ) running along the edge of the engine bay valance which would route the loom over the engine mount, seems better that way.

Looks like someone put the engine in with the loom in the wrong place?

DSCN6289.JPG

I confused myself with this one; when I went to check reference photos of my Estate the loom was under the front suspension turret, but later photos showed it along the valence and so over the turret - this was probably due to me routing it the same as the GT6 then realising I was wrong, and changing the route. 

I had to check quite a few photos before I finally found one that even gave me a hint, but it's along the valence, over the suspension turret and then down to the chassis again and off to the bonnet. Early Heralds - which didn't have the valences - went under the turret but the loom was raised for later cars, probably to protect it from dirt and moisture.

I was test fitting my rebuilt loom at the weekend to make everything fitted where it should, and can confirm that thick portion of the forward loom goes around the top of the passenger side engine splash panel.

The skinny portion for the horns goes along the top of the chassis rail, through the suspension turret, and then onto the horn support bar.

Karl

20 minutes ago, Bordfunker said:

The skinny portion for the horns goes along the top of the chassis rail, through the suspension turret, and then onto the horn support bar.

Karl

THAT'S the one - thanks Karl. I suspected one part did, but not the lights, which attach to the bonnet support tube. I'd forgotten the horns.