Gt6 mk1 wiper motor.

haggis

Hi guys, got a smoking wiper motor on my mk1 Gt6, I’ve tried to do a refurb on it, clean it up basically and stuck some new bushes in it, but no action except for a little bit of smoke. I’ve looked online for a direct replacement either refurb or new but there doesn’t appear to be anything available. Ideally I would like to retain the original shape motor with the same fixings if possible, anyone know what my options are? 

thanks hag 

Cost me just under £100, it was a collection of parts that I cobbled together from a spare Mk1 motor which I had dismantled and repaired to destruction years ago. All of the parts were there but dismantled. Anthony replaced the brushes and the wiring, plus some of the metal bits, and blasted, cleaned and repainted the rest before sending back a complete motor ready for refitting. The motor that I had on the GT6 at the time was blowing fuses but as these are so rare, and MOT was looming, I kept that one and sent off the spare just in case. I was very pleasantly surprised when a complete running motor was returned and it's working far far better than the original was. I'll probably send him the other one too in order to have a backup.

Thanks Colin, great to hear it came back better than planned, I also feel the need for an mot and it’s the only thing I can find that might fail. I’ll send it off, thanks for the recommendation. 

hag.