Does anyone have a GT6 Mk3 driver's seat spare?

NonMember

The back tilt mechanism on my GT6's driver's seat failed during the MOT this morning, so the seat back won't stay upright. I think it's probably fixable but would involve a full strip-down (and then refurbishment) of the seat. Does anyone here have a spare one - preferably non-headrest pre-KE20000 type - that I could purchase to fit as an interim measure? I'd rather not have to commit to having the car off the road for any length of time. As it's for temporary use, a Mk4 Spitfire one would do, providing I'm right about the existing frame being repairable.

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks Mike, although from what I think I've read, it's probably quite a lot of effort to make them fit. But if nobody has a serviceable original left over from doing such a conversion to lend/sell me, then I may well take you up on that!

(When I acquired the pile of bits that became my Spitfire, the driver's seat frame had broken across the bottom of the back, with similar results to what I have on the GT6, and I bought a good pair of second-hand MkIV Spitfire seats fairly cheaply and fairly locally to where I was at the time. I don't expect it to be so easy these days)