Herald Boot Corner Photos?

Josef

Would someone with decent original (or known to be repaired to original spec) boot corner mounting points mind posting some photos for me? Particularly looking for the shape of the thick bracket part where it usually rots away flat against the floor/chassis.

Can do, will head out to the garage and oblige asap.... luckily I have a tub recently sandblasted so free of rust filler and paint, which has obscured the detail on my other Heralds. These ok? The passenger side is patched along the flat but the driver's side looks to be largely original.

7D3875A9-98BF-4CCC-848C-3EF82964AA4C_1_105_c.jpg.91f19b43798bb819497f52983043e7c2.jpg

52B694F2-A61B-48DE-A76A-3EE1CC7CDD47_1_105_c.jpg.bb8657622ffee6f9e1db0fc831290b7e.jpg

2287DC48-5C13-458D-A0D0-ABD7D31DC5EE_1_105_c.jpg.92f488ee3be4d8ee7b7c4f6498dca476.jpg

F40B9E28-7353-4722-83A7-877404EF78FB_1_105_c.jpg.e5c65e2916d36bc4a21b88dc97d9de9a.jpg

Looks like you're doing a great job there, getting the details right.

Did same job too back in 90's on my old Herald Estate, but must confess I cheated back then and welded in the bracket sections from a scrap car...I guess it's impossible to find a scrap car with a decent boot floor these days.

• Like 1

That drain hole I never knew about, mine fill a bit in heavy rain (leaks somewhere in the lamp fitting I assume?). I sponge the water after heavy rain). Will have a look and clear, or re drill holes if non there. Thanks for info folks.

I've always wondered if anyone interested in water/mud traps to keep an eye on, for cars not just driven in the dry/summer.

I have a few I have come across, if it's of interest?    

• 2 weeks later...

Had a look and and mine have holes, have grommets blanking them off.

On 21/12/2021 at 18:42, daverclasper said:

've always wondered if anyone interested in water/mud traps to keep an eye on, for cars not just driven in the dry/summer.

I have a few I have come across, if it's of interest?    

I guess not then?, thought this might be relevant?, I'm genuinely interested, if it's not relevant, then I would like to know, so I don't waste my ltd time on car.

Thanks, Dave 

2 hours ago, daverclasper said:

Had a look and and mine have holes, have grommets blanking them off.

I guess not then?, thought this might be relevant?, I'm genuinely interested, if it's not relevant, then I would like to know, so I don't waste my ltd time on car.

Thanks, Dave 

Sorry Dave, wasn’t quite sure what you meant before. Were you meaning to list places on the Herald you’ve particularly noticed collect water / mud?

Just opened my workshop manual to look for something else and flicked past this sealing diagram. Looks like there is a further drain hole towards the rear of the car (item 4 in the diagram) that’s heavily sealed over in Jon’s photos. In Colin’s it looks like there’s weld in that area so I assume the hole was eliminated by a previous repair. 

869B3D40-763B-4B8C-8BAD-DC810A42ECAD.jpeg

It says 'corner holes plugged' in that diagram - on my estate one side is completely covered in mastic, but on the other side shown below you can see the large drain hole to the left and two smaller holes to the right, one covered in very thin mastic so it appears grey and the other unplugged. Neither seems to have any function.

IMG_1254.thumb.jpeg.120a85d40348d44bc5f1be34a229f197.jpeg