Shh....Don't tell everyone.

Wagger

My son has always been very forward thinking. He obtained six s/h solar panels for under £500 and uses them in his walled garden to heat plant germinators and make tea. He introduced me to 'V2G' (Vehicle to Grid) technology recently.

He is now working on using an old Nissan Leaf to run a flat in his property. Apparently, it is quite viable now to lease an electric car solely to subsidise power requirements. For those of you, like me, with Motorhome off grid experience this could be a way of 'Getting by'.

I am looking at doing this just on my garage as a project/experiment. It will be independent of the grid for now.

As I say, do not tell everyone or the cost of s/h electric cars will sky-rocket.

• Haha 1

I very recently, had a Solar system installed. So far, to-day, (dull, ocasional sunshine, and sleet showers). The battery pack (5Kwh) is 100% and They have produced 15Kw/h with about an hour of daylight Left. At that rate, I have expectations, of a return on the investment being 3 to 4 times what the  banks where paying annually!.

We already have 300W of solar on the Motorhome. I fancy Li-Po batteries but the cost is Eyewatering at up to a grand each. So stuck with 2 110Ah GEL at present

Pete