Clear underbody wax

I have painted the underside of my Spit 4 body colour whilst completing a full restoration but am thinking about how to protect it, especially the wheel arches against damage. I have seen a few threads about various makes of underbody wax but no mention that I could see about Dinitrol.  I know they do a clear wax which I believe is product number 11525 but I cannot see any specific reference to how and where to use it although I think it is for under body. Has anyone used this and if so would it be suitable for what I want to do ? Thanks in anticipation Hugh 

8 hours ago, Hugh Dixon said:

I have painted the underside of my Spit 4 body colour whilst completing a full restoration but am thinking about how to protect it, especially the wheel arches against damage. I have seen a few threads about various makes of underbody wax but no mention that I could see about Dinitrol.  I know they do a clear wax which I believe is product number 11525 but I cannot see any specific reference to how and where to use it although I think it is for under body. Has anyone used this and if so would it be suitable for what I want to do ? Thanks in anticipation Hugh 

I used dinitrol. And vert happy with it.

I used the very thin one for seams, box sections and inside  the chassis. I used a hard wax (I forget which number) for wheel arches etc,  and 30k later it is still intact (I expected it to be an annual job). The stuff I used was black, it may well be available in clear. 

I do need to reapply the thin type though, and will top up the hard wax, later this year (ideally a really hot day)

Just recently protected the underside of the 12/50 i'm doing a rolling restoration on with Lanoguard.

It is a clear non toxic lanolin basted product, which people speak highly of.
Went on really cleanly minimal mess and good coating everywhere.

The darker patches are where I sprayed it on a bit too thick or where i brushed the grease supplied in the kit on to vulnerable places like panel seams.

Some photos below, hope it helps. The last photo it the finish a week later.

Jon

(PS. the car was originally wedgewood blue (later repainted cherry red), hence the colour underneath

IMG_0441.JPEG

IMG_0442.JPEG

IMG_0447.JPEG

IMG_0450.JPEG

IMG_0458.JPEG

Thank you both. The black wax you used Clive I have read up on but know it will cover the paint (powder blue) over completely which I want to try and avoid if I can hence why I am looking for the clear. Jon I will look at the lanolin as that is more what I was thinking where you can see the body colour through it. Good to know both products have done a good job of protecting the undersides of your cars. Thanks again