1200 herald convertible rebuild

MontyF

This is my first try at getting involved and I thought I would start with a help question.

I have put a 1500 spitfire engine with overdrive into my Herald . It’s has twin HS4 and is running ok but I think it could be better. It has a 1360 exhaust manifold and exhaust system. I have got a spitfire manifold and down pipe. I was wondering if a Vitesse 1600 exhaust system would fit the spitfire manifold. Any help/ advice would be great fully received. 

I would have thought the Vitesse 1600 system had the same vertical downpipe as the 2L, whereas the Spitfire / Herald 1300 manifold is angled. If you have a Spitfire 1500 manifold, that's a twin downpipe design.

If you're using the Spitfire downpipe and trying to mate the exhaust to that, the main question is whether the bore is the same. All the small chassis cars bring the downpipe under the gearbox in pretty much the same place, to within the tolerance of pipe manufacture. There may be some chopping needed if the first pipe joint is in a different place along the route.