Herald / Vitesse roof to screen seal - which way round?

Colin Lindsay

Silly question of my day, anyway.... what way round does this seal go? I've tried about four different combinations and no one looks any worse or better than the others. I think it goes in front of the windscreen surround 'seam' with the lip outside the roof but pointing downwards, as in my photo... is that correct?

2EFEC933-C3ED-4A9F-B3BE-A440C8390F06_1_105_c.jpg.2cc5b54182f53311c4ca92c493eb1c66.jpg

I think youve got it right in the photo. I know the lip definitely doesnt go the other way and hang out of the front but I vaguely remember having to cut the seal down because its an aftermarket replica which was nothing like the original and didnt allow the roof to fit! Could be wrong as it was a long time ago... 

I've just had a look at the Triumph Service notes for building up the body, but that doesn't really show the Roof front seal in any great detail, it just shows a guy using a Mastic gun to apply plenty of sealant to the top of the seal?

What shape is the front section of the Roof like that attaches to the top of the windscreen surround, is it flat or is it shaped to accept the slight 'U' Section shown on the seal?

Gary  

5 hours ago, Gary Flinn said:

I've just had a look at the Triumph Service notes for building up the body, but that doesn't really show the Roof front seal in any great detail, it just shows a guy using a Mastic gun to apply plenty of sealant to the top of the seal?

What shape is the front section of the Roof like that attaches to the top of the windscreen surround, is it flat or is it shaped to accept the slight 'U' Section shown on the seal?

Gary  

The seal is a profile which will cause problems at either end, as it won't narrow to follow the curve of the roof, so I'd agree black sealant will be necessary. It's quite a complex shape - see photo, and seems to fit in several different ways, but I think I've now worked it out. The problem is that I can't decide whether to attach it to the bulkhead then fit the roof down over it, or fit it to the roof and drop it all in place.

C248B2F9-C8BB-4EA7-B498-6491D913B883_1_105_c.jpg.dc754c937e6db5c9e3ec07e08b17eb82.jpg  BF3BB58D-D6F8-49DD-AAEF-A09F62BF1B5D_1_105_c.jpg.45d666ad5166e17d7407255b608ee36e.jpg

• Like 1