Vitesse rear inner wheel arch outer panel help

attwood65

I am replacing a Vitesse MK2 rear inner wheel arch outer panel. I have tried 2 different panels.

One panel has the flange to fit to the inner panel via spot welds but the panel is not a good fit.

I have another panel from Rimmers that fits but does not the flange to fit to the inner panel.

Any suggestions on where to get the best MK2 rear inner wheel arch outer panel and or how to fit the panel I have that does not have the flange.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Possibly worth giving Fitchetts a try:

TD Fitchett, Redland Industrial Estate, Telford, Shropshire TF2 9JX.

Phone: 01952 620434

On eBay they are advertising some of the relevant panels and saying these are 'OE' but the pics look far too shiny to be real NOS.

My own inclination would to be weld an upstanding lip to the panel already known to be an acceptable fit. Adding a lip by welding is quite a commonplace thing to do where folding is not possible although, admittedly, doing this around the perimeter of a whole arch is laborious. The ins-and-outs of doing this are very iny-and-outy but broadly speaking with a moderate level of operator skill (at MIG or TIg) a sound and aestheically satisfactory result can be achieved. I could add more detail if helpful.

2 minutes ago, chrishawley said:

On eBay they are advertising some of the relevant panels and saying these are 'OE' but the pics look far too shiny to be real NOS.

Think that means theyre made on the original pressings as NOS virtually impossible now....