Bonnet Repair Section

Pettifordo

26 minutes ago, Josef said:

I see you decided to paint it then

It was nagging at me that I hadn’t really done anything to the bonnet and I could see that it had rust at the front, so I decided to take the bonnet back to metal to see what I was dealing with - the rest is pretty good - straight and metal.

I’ve ordered the repair section above plus a new bonnet strengthening section - might as well get it done right 👍

It will be a good challenge for my new found welding skills 🤓

1 hour ago, Pettifordo said:

It was nagging at me that I hadn’t really done anything to the bonnet and I could see that it had rust at the front, so I decided to take the bonnet back to metal to see what I was dealing with - the rest is pretty good - straight and metal.

I’ve ordered the repair section above plus a new bonnet strengthening section - might as well get it done right 👍

It will be a good challenge for my new found welding skills 🤓

I reckon it'll need to be done reeealllly slow to avoid warping. Like do a run of tack welds, go have a cup of tea, come back do another pass, have another cup of tea, that sort of speed!

8 minutes ago, Josef said:

reeealllly slow to avoid

Thank - I was thinking the same.

The previous repairer has welded behind the filler with 3-4 straight bits of metal - I think I will leave those in until I have repaired the front - should give it more strength.