What's this then?

DJB350Z

Hello,

I've separated the tub from the chassis on my GT6 and happened across what looks like an identification plate attached to the leaf spring.

I can't see it on the diagram from canleys website.

It reads 'Front' and has a number stamped on it. Made of some thin metal that's been roughly painted over. 

Any ideas what it signifies?

2023-05-23%2011.03.28.jpg?raw=1

Colin had a thread a few months back with some Herald springs marked ‘front’ on the leaves. I think the conclusion was it meant nobody had to wonder at the factory if it should go one way or the other!

Ha ha I wondered about the directional messaging but the number stamped on it made me think otherwise.

I think my leaves have been refurbished or replaced with new at some point so also thought it was some kind of supplier part number.

Oh well..glad it's 'not important'.

Just out of interest was the label on the front side of the spring?

Does the stamped number correlate with the part number on Canley's parts diag/list.

As far as I know, no one actually thinks there is a right and wrong way to fit the spring, so the 'factory procedures' theory is probably correct. 

13 hours ago, Ian Foster said:

As far as I know, no one actually thinks there is a right and wrong way to fit the spring, so the 'factory procedures' theory is probably correct. 

I dont think upside down is acceptable🙃

• Haha 2