Pack your cylinder head well if you send it off (or hand deliver)!

Waynebaby

I am not sure it is.

Libel is only if the statement was factually incorrect, which it seems it isn't.

And I am a little unclear of what can and can't be said on forums. Some have a VERY blunt approach, both ways. But they tend to be the forums that only exist in the ether and are not linked to clubs directly, so maybe they have better protection from prosecution.

Clubs all tend to be risk averse, which is probably wise. But it is frustrating when somebody can't post saying " the ganglepin I bought from ******* didn't fit and was of the wrong grade steel, and the replacement was the same" as that info would be helpful.

I notice too that the TRR have a feedback form for parts quality. Slightly different approach to the issue!

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2015/01/0003/The-TR-Register-Parts-Quality-Initiative

• 1 month later...

Happy ending time!

I think you'll agree from the attached photo that a newly refurbished cylinder head is a thing of beauty, especially when it is no longer missing a chunk of metal from the mating face. Many thanks go to Garth at the club shop for arranging the repair to the head (who also had a plan B in place if the repair didn't come off) and to Ivor Searle who replaced the missing metal using some kind of metallurgical witchcraft. Having the the TSSC to co-ordinate all this has been well worth the annual subscription!

Wayne

post-995-0-44525700-1457521256_thumb.jpg

post-995-0-49864700-1457521384_thumb.jpg

• Like 2