SAH Rocker Cover

Peter Truman

A fellow club member who has had his Mk2 2500TC since 16 and is now mid 40's the car is really hot producing 180bhp on the Dyno at the rear wheels, using triple SU's, hot cam, Corvette front disc brakes, and the suspension is appropriately modified to suit. The downside is it consumes clutch's esp the way he drives it! He lives local to me and in the early 90's when my daughter was hot footing it thro our Dingley Village in her concour and slightly modified Dolly Sprint and Stu was also driving thro it was ON! I'm surprised neither got booked!

He rang me last week trying to get a second 2500 engine to rebuild for the current hot one is nearing a rebuild ie low oil pressure, no one in our small club had anything, so ringing around I found our old club had a bring and sell day today the 2nd Dec and a late 2500 engine was listed. Stu duly went along and got the engine (its now 4PM and it's fully stripped down).

Well whilst there he noticed an 6 potter Alloy rocker cover for sale at $70 around 40 quid, when asked about it the owner said it was on his GT6 and he didn't like it, for goodness sake it's the holy grail a SAH original complete with alloy flip top filler cap! Trying not to show to much excitement and no one there was showing any interest (mainly Stag owners these days) he grabbed it and got out of there quickly, he sent me a photo and I initially thought it was still for sale, then re reading his text message I realized he'd purchased it, BUG++R!

Not being a spoilt sport I told him I had 3 rocker cover bolts which would possibly fit thro the rocker cover avoiding having to put longer rocker pedestal studs in, so all in all he's had a great day!

Good to see the youngen's still enjoying the classics!

SAH Rocker Cover $70.jpg

Triumph inserted & hidden Rocker cover Bolts.JPG

• Like 2