Triumph Herald 1200 exhaust

jagnut66

Hi, 

Just to say that I bought a stainless exhaust for my 1200 engine off one of the 'usual suspects'.

The exhaust fitment is fine, in fact it was very straightforward, so no complaints there. 

However, the holes where the manifold studs fit through to clamp the front pipe were too small, so I had to drill them out, after which it was, as above, straightforward.

Is this a common issue with replacement exhaust systems or did I just get the pick of the bunch? 😉

Best wishes,

Mike.

PS: I now have a complete, one piece(?), mild steel exhaust in need of a new home.

FREE to anyone who wants to collect it or arrange collection from Mansfield, Notts.

I only changed it as I was taking the engine out anyway, it doesn't appear to leak, just in need of a clean up (and a new fitting kit).

Pictured below.

Herald 1200 exhaust.JPG

I haven't found the holes requiring enlarging before but have found the actual shape of the exhaust to vary, in particular the length of the downpipe from manifold to the first bend. One of my stainless pipes hangs almost 12 inches below the car and would be very close to the road surface, so if it's ever used would require the flange removed and the pipe shortened severely.