Kenlowe Unifan Current draw

Evening all,

Does anyone happen to know what the current draw on a) start up and b) running condition for a Kenlowe Unifan is please? I can't measure same on my mulitmeter as it only has a max 10A range and I suspect the it'll be higher than that!🤔

Ian, I'm revisiting the elec fan installation that I did 35 yrs ago. I followed the Kenlowe instructions at the time. They didn't include a relay in the kit, which I thought was a bit strange at the time. Anyway......time went on and I got engrossed in all the other jobs that needed doing, so sort of forgot about it! I'm completely rewiring the fit to include a relay and uprated wiring. 🙂

2 hours ago, trigolf said:

I'm revisiting the elec fan installation that I did 35 yrs ago.

Is it a fan that is supplementary to the engine driven fan, or a stand-alone? I can't remember.

In either case I would wholeheartedly agree that a relay is required to reduce the load on the switch/sensor. Are you able to over-ride the temperature sensor (a useful feature)?

There are probably more modern fans that shift more air for the same amps, but if yours is working OK, then a revisit and improvement of the electrics will probably be more than adequate.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Leccy fan only. It's a very tight squeeze with a Kenlowe, which still works fine. Even changing the fan belt is chalIenging! I would wary about replacing it with something newer, without seeing it fitted to a Vit. How many times have you been told ' oh yes it will fit', when clearly it won't! I still don't think Revotec have produced a proper kit ( with mounts) to fit a Vit yet. I've always had a manual o'ride switch, which has proved useful.

Gav