TR4a Oil Pressure Gauge Pipe Connection

Darren Groves

Hi all,

I am trying to identify where the nylon pipe (Part No. 138308) from the oil pressure gauge connects to on the side of the engine block. Whilst the manual and parts suppliers show how the earlier Banjo Type pipe connects, nobody shows how the latter one connects.

If anyone out there has a 4a with this type pipe could supply a pic of the location I would be very grateful......🙏

Many thanks

Hmmmm….. mine is an earlier 4, so I haven’t seen your particular type, but Moss Europe parts list states:

138308 PIPE, (nylon), replaces flexible pipe

Notes: The nylon pipe replaces the flexible hose and rigid pipe in that it goes direct from the pipe (200646) to the oil pressure gauge. Listed as an 'alternative' to 202793 in the Triumph parts book, but standard on all TR4A's. These items are the same whichever filter head is fitted

that implies you still need to connect the nylon pipe to 200646 which has the banjo connection on it. Don’t forget to put the copper washer with the larger hole next to the filter head, the smaller one on the outside.

……… Andy

1 minute ago, AndyTV8 said:

Hmmmm….. mine is an earlier 4, so I haven’t seen your particular type, but Moss Europe parts list states:

138308 PIPE, (nylon), replaces flexible pipe

Notes: The nylon pipe replaces the flexible hose and rigid pipe in that it goes direct from the pipe (200646) to the oil pressure gauge. Listed as an 'alternative' to 202793 in the Triumph parts book, but standard on all TR4A's. These items are the same whichever filter head is fitted

that implies you still need to connect the nylon pipe to 200646 which has the banjo connection on it. Don’t forget to put the copper washer with the larger hole next to the filter head, the smaller one on the outside.

……… Andy

Yes, I think you're right....that all makes sense now, thank you.....👍

• Like 1