Still trying to find out what I have got. What/who's electronic distributor is this?

bob_9447

I thought Powerspark utilised a Ring with magnets in it which fits over the distributor shaft.

If you look at the photographs there is NO ring just a sharp cornered "cam" (for want of a better word) which is staked to the distributor shaft.

deffo a unit from Powerspark (they also do conventional magnets type) but should be matched to the coil as two versions available and that looks like the High Energy M5 for coils of less than 1.4 ohm resistance...  

5 hours ago, johny said:

deffo a unit from Powerspark (they also do conventional magnets type) but should be matched to the coil as two versions available and that looks like the High Energy M5 for coils of less than 1.4 ohm resistance...  

I have been in contact with PowerSpark and they say that it is one of their distributors, but say that the module is a Powerspark Half Moon Black Electronic Ignition Module M4 59D, 45D, 45D6.

If you look at the Rotor Arm, it looks like it has been tracking so I have ordered a new one complete with Dist'r cap and plug leads.

Bye the way it is paired with a Lucas Gold DLB105 which PowerSpark say is a good match to the Distributor.

Thanks everyone for their input, another query solved.

Hope it solves the mis fire as well.