DoorGlass

Guess it’s all the slamming of the doors but my driver’s glass has popped its channels and is now jammed 3/4 closed. Is it possible to simply prize the glass from the channels and pull the glass up and then relocate it or do I have to start undo that some bolts. 

Im afraid youre going to have to get the door card off and release the channels to install the glass back in them. The good thing is you can then get them fitting better so it doesnt happen again👍

cards etc already off but due to where window is jammed I cant readily access the pins that hold the glass channel hence question of whether you can simply prise the glass from the channel.

Its not the channel holding the base of the glass Im talking about but the channels each side that the glass slides in. These are adjustable in and out to ensure the glass cant jump out of them and are held by bolts which are accessible from the outer surface of the door. The workshop manual shows this although some of the photos are unfortunately very dark... 

Old man rant.

Luckily the material they made our car parts from are proper.
My Amarok shattered the drivers door glass one night when closing the window, the glass shifted in the tracks jammed and shattered before the motor cut out.
The front track has the strength of a chocolate bar wrapper and was buckled.
Insurance glass policy replaced the window but it was still wobbly on the tracks and the window replacement company didnt deal with that but did advise me of the issue.
I spent a couple of hours pushing, pulling and twisting the front track with my arm jammed into the door cavity getting cuts and nicks till I ended up happy with the result.

OMR over.

3 hours ago, johny said:

Its not the channel holding the base of the glass Im talking about but the channels each side that the glass slides in. These are adjustable in and out to ensure the glass cant jump out of them and are held by bolts which are accessible from the outer surface of the door. The workshop manual shows this although some of the photos are unfortunately very dark... 

If it's a Herald they're also tensioned by a wire running from one channel to the other, hooked round the rearmost runner and screwed to an adjustable bracket at the front channel, which gives you some degree of being able to clamp the glass more tightly in the runners. The wire is clipped to the door frame by an incredibly sharp clip, I still have the scar from last month.

It famously happened to me as a young teen when winding up the rear door window in my father's Toledo, everyone got out and walked off to the shops and as I closed up the car the glass gave a bang and fell down inside the door skin; I caught it with just my fingertips and then had to hold on to it in absolute terror for nearly 20 minutes until someone came out to look for me.