Indicator repeater.

Hi Guys,

I fitted a new loom as part of the rebuild of my Spitfire mk3. The indicator repeater bulb holder was poor but it did work. Just checking the car over prior to the garage safety check on Friday I found all the indicators worked except the repeater on the dash. The bulb does not seat properly. I cut off the new bulb holder and soldered on the one from the original loom. That worked when tested on the battery terminals. Now it is soldered on it does not work. I suspect the power supply to the bulb is not working. Anybody ever experienced the flasher unit failing for the repeater only?

Cheers Brett

Its quite possible Brett as the repeater is powered via a separate contact in the flasher. Obviously check the flasher socket and the wiring from its connector to the bulb...

Time to get the mulimeter out.  A few continuity tests will tell you if you have a circuit through the bulb holder and bulb and if you do can only really be a lack of electrons in the wires.

Is it worth testing the wiring first? It would just be a case of putting a short from the B terminal in the diagram first to P (repeater light) and then to L (indicators tested with column switch to one side and then another). I replaced my flasher recently and its been fine, 5 pound something off eBay compared with over 20 for some which look suspiciously similar...