Spitfire 1500 Indicator problems

Taffius

The flasher unit I know of is behind the card trim at the back of the parcel shelf below the glove compartment next to the fuses.  I replaced that early on, but it changed nothing.  So is that the same as you describe as "back of the glovebox"?  If not do I need to remove the inner of the glovebox to get behind it to a second flasher unit?  By the way the indicator lights just come on and stay on as well when the hazard switch is pulled out.

on mine there is a redundant flasher unit mount pop riveted to the back face of the glove bocx,  stick hnd up back should find it,  no idea why its there.

if hazard and direction indicator are giving the same problem its likely to be in the foundation  rather than a 'unit' fail    have you checked the base battery voltage???

the flasher and hazard have the hazard switch as a common link ,  but a daft thought has some previous picked a ignition feed from a blasted  6v coil feed ????

off the ign switch   ???

I had a similar wiper problem with the Mini (which i believe is very similar to a Spit) which when i put new blades on ground to a halt. Dismantled the wheelboxes, cable etc and after a thorough degrease / regrease and oil they were transformed. The opposite is the case for my '71 Spitfire which just has one crazy turbo speed... (another job to do)

Reminds me of the old ford vacuum powered wipers open the throttle up hills and they ground to a halt

down hill and throttled back they went crazy .... looney design.

will hunt the 2nd flasher on my mk2 its been up in the air for a few days while I whipped the sump off to change the thrust washers..

Will have a look today

pete