Hose broken

Hello, today I had a problem, a radiator hose broke, I stopped immediately but the temperature rose, it's a spitfire, the engine has just been rebuilt, do you think something serious could have happened to me? I attach a photograph where I indicate where my temperature has reached, I am worried, red line in photo

F2DF1282-5327-4850-9DAB-A3BFA45D0B42.jpeg

Since I rebuilt the engine I see some kind of brown threads in the coolant, very few, I don't know if it's oil but I'm a little worried, I've had 600 km, it could be that the mechanic when installing the pistons got some oil into the pistons holes through which water circulates? everything has been put new.

With how many kilometers should I change the oil, retighten the cylinder head and adjust the valves? recently completely rebuilt engine

thanks a lot! 

These engines are pretty robust as they dont have aluminium cylinder heads so that temperature shouldnt cause any problems. Oil change and head retorque would normally be at 800 to 1000km but you could do it sooner if youre worried. I assume the oil is still looking good and clear?

The liquid looks clear and I don't see drops of oil floating, what I see is some kind of brown residue, something strange, maybe it is some kind of residue from the radiator, it is new and made of aluminum

Coolant leak sealant is sometimes used by garages after radiator or engine rebuilds when the coolant system is drained and refilled so as to stop any possible leaks on re-assembly. I think I remember you advised the engine had been rebuilt, check if service provider used it as a precaution. 

In the early 80's my wife's Jag only 3 years old had an Auto gearbox issue after the rebuild the auto oil cooler in the radiator split requiring a separate Oil Cooler and draining/flushing the cooling system, Jaguars service notes directed 2 cans of Bars Leak be added on refilling so as to minimize leaks.

Out of interest the new auto box required massive flushing to get the coolant out of it, a full 30 gallons before the Jag chap was satisified all the coolant was flushed out? The apprentice spent the whole day draining driving then flushing and so on! the $300 was cheaper than removing the auto box and stripping again!! The car went on to do 10's of thousands of klm without issue.

Edited by Peter Truman