Vitesse front valance

Robin

Hi Robin,

Yes, you can remove the valence without removing the bonnet (the overriders need to come off first though).

One al the bolts are undone, the valence will have some flexibility in it and it can be slid off fairly easily beneath the bonnet.  You may need to open and close the bonnet during the removal process and it'll be helpful (but not essential) to have another pair of hands.

Let us know how you get on.

Tom

Worth mentioning also that there is quite a range of adjustment on the mountings, with slots in the brackets and in the front chassis tube. A good clean up of all the fixings and brackets and a sousing in waxoyl on reassembly helps. If the bolts on the over riders are rusted solid, it can be a pig of a job to get them out, and I have known cases where they have had to be sacrificed to the angle grinder and replaced. When you do refit the valance, stand back and look at the curve of the wheel arch, and aim to have the valance continuing it.

Regards

Steve C

What's odd is that for some reason a previous owner has welded a washer as a fixing point on both sides rather than use the existing hole - can't see any obvious frontal damage so don't know why they'd do this. I'm hoping I can get the exiting bracket to fit the correct holes - pic attached for reference.

post-127-0-97967500-1460290820_thumb.jpg

Hi Paul

So a Herald valance is different to vitesse one - didn't realise. So maybe I'm better leaving it as is rather than trying to get The brackets to fit the original holes.

Nothing is ever straightforward!

Robin