Assembling new front vertical link - Vitesse MK2

Paul H

Hi Im assembling the new vertical link on my Vitesse Mk 2  - and not sure which side of the Caliper Mounting Bracket the rubber insert  fits - The first pic Ive attached shows the rubber insert on the bearing side though Haynes shows it fitting on the other side - There is a groove for it to fit though the seal would be proud if fitted as Haynes suggests - Canleys doesnt show any rubber seal inserts at all - This seal is not to be confused with the Felt Oil Seal .

The rubber seal could do with replacing - can they still be purchased 

Thanks in advance 

post-1431-0-03214900-1460288867_thumb.jpg

post-1431-0-36077000-1460288878_thumb.jpg

this is to prevent water getting between the mount and the  stub  then into the  back of the bearing/felt

you can use any decent sealer to fill the face

its 138051  canleys in stock

Pete

Hi Pete - thanks found 138051 and note I can use sealer - Looking at Canleys description for 138501 " SEAL - MOUNT PLATE TO VERTICAL LINK " I currently have the seal on the wrong side ? Can you confirm - Best regards 

post-1431-0-79037000-1460298218_thumb.jpg

as far as i remember the seal should be under the caliper carrier   not inside the   its  needs to get nipped behind it to seal the two part 

long time ago when i did mine   sure it should fit over the stub register and the carrier buts up to make the thing water tight 

Pete