Vitesse Wiper Motor Connections

Darren Groves

Vitesse MK1 and I need to connect up the wiper motor. My Herald wiper motor has spade connectors numbered 1, 2 & E, even though it's the same motor this one has a pigtail of wires and connector, the wires from motor to connector are all faded so if they were colour coded they're not anymore (see pics).

Even with a wiring diagram it's not obvious how they connect, the 3 wires from the loom are Green (Live), Black & Green (to Earth via the switch) and Black (Earth). So is the connector standard on a Vitesse, if so does anyone know how the 3 wires connect?

Thanks

post-31-0-48414100-1461877118_thumb.jpg

post-31-0-85389900-1461877210_thumb.jpg

Darren.

Have you tried to peel back some of the black outer casing to see if the wires further up have kept their colour ??

I will have a look at my wiper motor in the morning, but I'm 100% certain it will be the same as the Herald you mentioned.

Regards.

Richard.

From what the diagrams show

There are a variety of colours across the range

but if the motor terminal is numbered in any way

13/60 BG to1 W to 2 earth unmarked

Vitesse BG to1 G to 2 earth unmarked

the BG is the line to the switch

G or W is the live feed

pete

Hi Pete,

No numbering on the motor or the terminal....

Darren.

Not sure it will help much, but can take a photo of my wiper motor with the wires in-situ; let me know and will get that too you.

Regards.

Richard.

Sorry Darren.

Same as your unit.

3x male spade terminals on the motor; but running 4x wires (one terminal has a double wire)

Regards.

Richard.

Do a bench test

Cant go far wrong, check the earth is easy , with a simple battery and bulb rig,

the other two one is feed and one earths the sweep plate or parking

it will either run or .......spark ,

theres no kaboom involved

pete

Done a quick test today, not sure it really helped. One end of a test lamp to live, the other connected to each of the 3 wires on the motor, the bulb lit each time so it would appear they're all going to earth. There is no earth connections to the motor, so must be earthing through the body via the wiper rack tube.....