new exhaust manifold blowing

mishmosh

I have fitted a  Double s exhaust manifold to my 1500. alls well except , theres a definate blow somewhere , sounds like its below at the front , but cant feel any blow. How do I find it  ? any top tips for refitting it ? I used a new gasket and it all seemed to sit nicely ? I assume that I may need another gasket now ?  

This 2 hour job has taken two weeks !  had to fit a new stainless cooling pipe, behind manifold.  two adapters made up for the exhaust.....   a new battery........ new exhaust clips........ and a small engine bay tidy up.......  glad i have another triumph to use ! 

bought a new battery off ebay. Bargain ( (I Hope !)  http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252204716600?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Hello.

I had a similar problem on another car many years ago and in the end I ran a smoothing file over each or the respective faces.

To the eye it all seemed perfectly flush but there must have been a slight high spot. After doing that it was perfect. Not sure which of the faces was the problem but if you do go this route, it is worth smoothing each face.

Yes, new gasket.

I used a candle to trace the leak !! Lit the candle and then blew it out - the exhaust escape affected the normal rise of the smoke. Obviously not a technique for outdoors !!

Regards.

Richard.