Brake pipe length

Alan C

Hi Everyone

Can anyone tell  me  the length of the brake pipe that goes between the rear brake drum and the bracket on the radius arm mount. My GT6 is a 1971 rotoflex car.

I need to replace mine now that it's decided to leak from the rear of the brake cylinder. I strongly suspect the pipe's flared end which I made myself sometime ago.

Cheers

Alan

Thanks for the info Pete.

I've got another one made up with a professional flaring tool. It's exactly 12 inches long if anyone else requires the length in the future. I measured it in situ with a French curve, probably one of the most useful gadgets I've ever owned. It's coincidently 12 inches long which made measuring the pipe easy.

I'm still using the car as my daily driver since the leak is more of a seep. I'm going to fit the new pipe tomorrow and hopefully no more leaks. 

I did a search of the Forum for info and turned up the thread where you warned against clamping brake pipes especially the braided type. Well I clamped this very same braided hose two years ago in order to change the brake cylinder. I'll now be changing that as well now!

Cheers

Alan

Well I've now changed the flexible hose and pipe to the rear left drum. I discovered that there was a male to female adaptor fitted to the three way brake union. Is this normal? I had to remove it since the replacement hose had two male connections fitted. Anyway just the brakes to bleed and then back on the road.

Alan