GT6 MK3 dashboard fitting

jimmyrjm

Hi,

I am placing my dashboard in my Triumph GT6 MK3, and I am struggling to see what type of screws, bolts and plates etc to use for the dashboard. I have attached a picture. 

Hope anyone can help.

Thanks,

Jim.

post-1788-0-78566100-1464298648_thumb.jpeg

post-1788-0-01888100-1464298656_thumb.jpeg

Canley Classics spares are always useful as they have diagrams of how stuff fits together.

http://www.canleyclassics.com/triumph-gt6-mkiii-facia-panelsg

There is a second diagram named facia fitting

Hi Doug,

Thank you for the information. I have this diagram in a general arrangement drawing book that I have created for the whole car and is very helpful, I just had a look at the part numbers on the Canley Classic link that you provided which will be of much use to be, just hope I can source the parts as I seem to have lost the originals when I took the car apart. Thanks again!

Kind regards,

Jim.

Hi. If they are anything like the mk1 they are very difficult to find. You can try people like Bresco but you may have to try breakers like spitfire graveyard

Best to spend a day finding the originals

Aidan

Hi. If they are anything like the mk1 they are very difficult to find. You can try people like Bresco but you may have to try breakers like spitfire graveyard

Best to spend a day finding the originals

Aidan

Hi Aidan, 

Thanks for the suggestion, I've looked at Bresco and haven't found them unfortunately, I think I will have to make some of the parts myself. 

Kind regards, 

Jim.

I've still got a couple of shells. I'm away at present but when I get back I'll check and see if the fittings are on them

Hi John,

That would be brilliant if you can have a look, thanks!

Kind regards,

Jim.

Hi Jim, I do indeed have the fixings. Nothing special about them and easily obtainable I would have thought. But you are welcome to these if they would help. rgds John

gallery_67_84_57863.jpg

Hi John,

Ah I see by fixings I meant the little metal plate fixings that attach the wooden dashboard to the dashboard frame. Sorry for the confusion. I have actually made the plates yesterday and they work well so my problem is solved :). But thank you very much for your time, help and generosity and everyone else who contributed to my question.

Kind regards,

Jim.