changing brakes

navyguy

with most pdwa you should in my experience bleed both circuits together ,that keeps the pressures equal and the valve wont shuttle 

if the spool valve pops over you can manually reposition it with the switch removed 

if youre servicing the brake system then consider new seals in here as well as the other main cylinders.

just changing pads is as easy as it looks, clean all areas and a smear of copper slip on back of pads and a touch on the edges that slid in the carrier

the squeal shims are fitted with arrow in direction of rotation, if no arrow then the relieved section should face direction of rotation

make sure the hub end float is set to 0.002" - 0.008"  which is a light nut nip and back off 1 to 2 flats . there are two split pin holes to allow fine adjustment

Pete

If worn much at all I would replace the disks too for what they cost.

And if (big if) try finding asbestos shoes and pads, they are way better than the "white box" pads. Or fit mintex 1144 though 3-4x the price of the cardboard pads (but are similar in performance to asbestos pads)

No advantage in drilled......

Really, std discs, decent pads and the difference is remarkable compared to worn discs, cheap pads and unloved brakes in general.

I trust you will strip the rear brakes, clean up the backplates, grease sliders, new cylinders and so on? read up on setting th erear brakes up too. Spitfire brakes are actually very good.

Re bleeding.

You do not have to bleed both circuits together.  Even if you did, you would not be able to bleed the same amount of fluid out of each circuit to keep the PDWA shuttle in the centre.  Have a look in the workshop manual, there is a procedure for doing it (which wheel first, etc.) which will recentralise the PDWA shuttle at the end.  The procedure works, I've done it and it's not difficult!

Regards

Mike