Classic Le Mans via Italy?

Hello John

I retired Friday the thirteenth! 2006 (and miss it every day NOT)

I have booked us on Siena line Hollyhead to Dublin and 2 nights in a poshish hotel and back from Rosslare to Fishguard 12 days later all for £378!(one of their deals)

I have booked what looks like a nice B&B with sea views at Rosslare as ferry is 9am sailing.

We just have to decide we're else we want to go (any suggestions?)

Roger

Hello John

I retired Friday the thirteenth! 2006 (and miss it every day NOT)

I have booked us on Siena line Hollyhead to Dublin and 2 nights in a poshish hotel and back from Rosslare to Fishguard 12 days later all for £378!(one of their deals)

I have booked what looks like a nice B&B with sea views at Rosslare as ferry is 9am sailing.

We just have to decide we're else we want to go (any suggestions?)

Roger

I should think Mrs Roger deserves a bit of TLC after subjecting her to the rigours of camping at Le Mans and it does look as if you are going to earn yourself a few house points with what you've planned. And a great deal to boot. Actually we've never been to Ireland so I cannot offer any suggestions. Some of our friends have and all say how lovely it is. Generally, for us the call of France is too great to ignore particularly living so close to our local port Plymouth. So mostly we go South for our breaks. Colin Lindsay may well be able to offer you some good suggestions.

John

Hello All

Just looking at some photos of our little trip and just worked out we were 6833 feet up at this point(Glad I don't have Lucas PI!)

All seems like a distant memory now(Still must get on and plan? the trip to Ireland) Ferries and first 2 nights and last night booked only 9 to book!(plenty of time yet?)

Roger

ps now back to making the stiil for when I have recipe for pochine !!

post-44-0-30209800-1469707288_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-67190400-1469707988_thumb.jpg

Hello All

A small update my Speedo cable was not broken some numpty had not clipped in on to the Speedo head properly(ME) still it was fun(not) removing half of the dash and angle drive for nothing.

I have fitted a new Clutch master cylinder but I used the TRW seals as they looked better than the county ones and the new spring was a lot weaker causing piston to stick(1.5 kg half compressed compared to 2.5 kg?)

A couple more photo from Pegasus bridge, it must be nice to make them open it for you and stop the traffic?

We have nearly planned our trip to Ireland now (well only about 7 nights to book?) but the ferries are booked so what can go wrong?

post-44-0-47624900-1470339216_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-37476900-1470339235_thumb.jpg

post-44-0-74128600-1470339249_thumb.jpg

• Like 1