Triumph Vitesse / GT6 rotoflex spacer, part no 148850.

Paul H

its the run wear line of the oil seal , dosnt look that bad ,  a light fettle with some fine wet dry with some oil should polish it up 

its a grease seal so  should be ok

if it was in a well oiled place then more important the finish is unblemished .

just an idea 

Pete

Thanks Pete - good advice as usual  ;)  ;)

Paul 

• Like 1

i didnt say it would work  , but worth a try ,  some seals wear a real groove then you need to fit a wear sleeve

many sizes available   , made by SKF.  knock em over original surface very thin and use same oil seal 

used to fit them as standard on truck axle production till we changed to cassette seals which come with their own wear sleeve but you cant re fit  those types , once removed its replace them   just a bit of olde history .

• Like 1

i didnt say it would work  , but worth a try ,  some seals wear a real groove then you need to fit a wear sleeve

many sizes available   , made by SKF.  knock em over original surface very thin and use same oil seal 

used to fit them as standard on truck axle production till we changed to cassette seals which come with their own wear sleeve but you cant re fit  those types , once removed its replace them   just a bit of olde history .

I now know what they are used for - so smoothing them off will sort it as the wear appears minimal - I noticed new spacers were being sold by https://www.facebook.com/rbmobileclassics/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Paul 

I now know what they are used for - so smoothing them off will sort it as the wear appears minimal - I noticed new spacers were being sold by https://www.facebook.com/rbmobileclassics/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

Paul 

It looks like the cost was £10 so it may be worth buying one. I have no experience of this product so can't comment. The inner and outer dimensions would have to be right. i.e. How tight is it on the shaft, it should be an interference fit. Does the oil seal fit correctly.

Thanks,

Dave 

It looks like the cost was £10 so it may be worth buying one. I have no experience of this product so can't comment. The inner and outer dimensions would have to be right. i.e. How tight is it on the shaft, it should be an interference fit. Does the oil seal fit correctly.

Thanks,

Dave 

Hi Dave - needed a drift to remove and refit ( Im changing the Rotofoxes ) Ill check the oil sit fit on refitting - thanks for the advice 

Paul