Manifold gasket

rogerguzzi

Hello All

Will the 13/60 GEG648 gasket fit in place of the GEG681 1500 one?

The reason I ask is the 4 branch manifold has the bridge between the ports and I would prefer the 13/60 type so the exhausts are working separately and better clamping of the gasket.

http://www.angclassiccarparts.co.uk/home/triumph-5981/herald/engine/exhaust-manifold-gasket-herald-1360

http://www.angclassiccarparts.co.uk/home/triumph-5981/spitfire/engine/exhaust-manifold-gasket-spitfire-1500

They look the same spacing and manifold said it fitted 1300 and 1500 models so I assume it is the same?

Roger

Hello Paul

Thank,s for the information I thought that were the same, I assume the centre bridge is missing on a 1500 manifold(I have never seen one mine came with a 4 branch)

I have ordered 2 x 13/60 type it means the exhaust will sit better and should? pulse correctly(if I can notice any difference?)

Roger

Hello Dave

O B******r ordered now I will see when they arrive if I can open up the holes with a flapper wheel? prehaps clamped between big washers or plates with holes in

I have spent the day tipping tank sealer back and forth.

Roger

The ports on the 1300 are smaller than the 1500. This means the original 1300 gasket has small port holes and will reduce the gas flow.

Dave 

Hello Dave

The new gaskets arrived and all the holes are the same just a bridge across the centre exhaust port? so I assume they just make them all the same now but just remove the centre bridge from the 1500.

Roger