Vitesse up for grabs

ShaunBillBrown

Hi all.

I'm considering options for my 2L Vitesse Convertible as I head overseas for a couple of years. Selling it is one option, I could store it for free, or if a competent and trustworthy club member would like to borrow it that could be mutually beneficial. It's not a show car and has its niggles but goes and stops well enough, MOTd until late July. Let me know if you think of a good match! Thanks.

What a great offer.  I don't personally need a Vitesse (I have one) but the idea of the car being kept running and on the road while you're away is a good one.  You'd be advised to draw up a legally binding contract to avoid being abused and of course in fact with an aim to protect both parties.  Do let us know how you get on...where are you heading off to for a couple of years?

Tom

I believe there is a fairly active classic car scene in the Greek part of Cyprus. I belong to a classic Ford club and we have a couple of members out there who regularly take part in runs and rallies. Also lots of old style breakers yards with 60s classics in them, many previously owned by UK military personnel.

I believe there is a fairly active classic car scene in the Greek part of Cyprus. I belong to a classic Ford club and we have a couple of members out there who regularly take part in runs and rallies. Also lots of old style breakers yards with 60s classics in them, many previously owned by UK military personnel.

Eddie - that's quite encouraging. I wonder if you could put me in touch with any of them who might know if there's much in the way of trusted garages/mechanics? If there are plenty of those old-fashioned types then, as expected, they don't have much of an internet presence.