Oh B*****r

gt6chris

I have just been balancing the throttle bodies on my TR6 but had trouble getting the throttles to close properly after so doing. I removed the TBs and stripped out the spindles and butterflies so that I could clean and reset them. Whilst one was on the workbench a box fell off the shelf above landed on the spindle and bent it. Trying to carefully straighten it resulted in it snapping in two :angry:.

Malcolm at Prestige doesn't won't have any of the CR to CP spindles (as fitted to my car ) in stock until next week so no drive it day for me this year :( 

I will still go to the Bicester Sunday scramble but not in the TR.

Chris

Yes Marcus, I even went as far as buying one from MOSS but they don't fit so it was returned. The TBs on my car are CR style but have a "conversion" spindle so that they connect to the Prestige underslung throttle mech like the CP type. They look just like the CP spindles are but quit a bit thicker than the CP items. So will have to wait for Malcolm to make some up.

Chris

Nightmare, Chris - hope you get sorted!

This is the problem with dedicated maintanance and getting our cars 'just right' for shows or outings. It's a two-edged sword and reminds me of my long-departed father who, everytime we were due to go on a short family outing, would inspect the car on the Saturday morning we were due to leave (his generation didn't go anywhere on Sundays). He'd then call in the local handy-man, a toothless pensioner in overalls, who would strip down half the engine, stay for lunch, work on through half the afternoon, get the car ready for around 3pm; we'd drive the 70 miles to the seaside and leave for home almost immediately as my father hated driving in the dark. It happened so many times.