Clutch Slave Cylinder replacement Vitesse Mk2

Paul H

Just changing the clutch slave cylinder , Newbies like me be warned , removing the 2 bolts from inside the car looks easy as there is clear access - I loosened the bolts and thought i would be clever and used my impact drill to complete - one bolt came off with the socket intact . The other one whizzed off and fell inside the gearbox housing where the clutch release mechanism is - Collected my thoughts and knew there were 2 options remove the gearbox or use my telescopic magnet bought from Poundland - Luckily for me the magnet worked , the retaining bolt and washers came out in one go  - I will be more careful next time .

The main reason for this post and ive read it somewhere else - Is it possible to extend the bleed  nipple so bleeding can be done within the car making this job much easier . If its feasible what are the parts needed - 

Thanks in advance 

Paul 

to extend the slave bleed 

enough pipe to relocate and have both ends to be flared after you fit the unions

add male union to fit the slave bleed hole

add female union at the where ever end 

screw bleed nipple into the female union.

clutch is not hi pressure so you can use hard nylon or even buy a flexible extension tube  or cobble up a brake flex hose 

Pete

• Like 1

to extend the slave bleed 

enough pipe to relocate and have both ends to be flared after you fit the unions

add male union to fit the slave bleed hole

add female union at the where ever end 

screw bleed nipple into the female union.

clutch is not hi pressure so you can use hard nylon or even buy a flexible extension tube  or cobble up a brake flex hose 

Pete

Thanks Pete , Flexible brake hose seems the safest was to go -

Regards

Paul 

use what ever fits in either end ,, if hose is threaded both ends use a double ended inline connector to fit the bleed screw

pete

Hi Pete , Ive set up the bleed nipple extension to the clutch slave - I havent done the final connection yet - see pics 

Best regards

Paul 

post-1431-0-63669400-1492536243_thumb.jpg

post-1431-0-31019600-1492536264_thumb.jpg