GT6 Mk3 Inertia reel seatbelt fitting

Adrian

Hi all

Just wanting a sense check please. The club shop ran out of model specific printed instructions and sketched on a piece of paper which I've currently misplaced! 

I'm going to fit inertia reel belts to the GT6. I know I have to mount the reel vertically onto the wheel arch and have the strengthening plates for this. Can I use the configuration pictured below, using the shoulder height (former static belt holder) bolt to mount an inertia bracket? (sadly I don't have the rear seats).

GT6_seat_belt.jpg

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ok fellas, it's not as straightforward as it appeared. The new kit only came with one loop eye which would have to go on top of the wheel arch. My original static belt was just that, fixed points, no loop eye. It must be possible to get an extra loop eye for the shoulder position (roughly where the nut is in the picture). Any ideas?

Thanks as always

post-1605-0-62587200-1493649909_thumb.jpg

Adrian,

I've just checked the inertia belts on my GT6 mk3 and it only has one loop eye like your kit. The reel and the loop eye fit as shown in your first picture, but there is no other loop eye fitted for shoulder positioning. I don't know if there should be one but my belts seem to work OK as they are - the belt just comes from the loop eye fitted on the wheel arch and up over your shoulder. 

Wayne

What Wayne said!

The original static anchor point becomes the loop eye anchor point so that the belt goes over your shoulder at an angle of about......30 degrees?

I'll take a picture, once the camera charges up!

Ok thanks for that chaps. The more I looked into it the more It seemed apparent that the shoulder position on my first photo must have just been the buckle holder! Who knows, I might actually be able to have a drive soon!

Wayne, I'm told chestnut is quite rare, replacements certainly not widely available. Did find a place that had a match but it was there top quality carpet and the GT6 patterns made it too thick to put through their machines! Hence the dyeing idea.