Number plate refurb.

DerekS

Evening all. Phil Willson wrote a very useful article in the March Courier about doing a refurb on original fitment reflective number plates; I have always believed that a car looks smarter if the plates and wheels are nice and tidy but didn't want to fit newer styled ones.  

I've followed his method and am very happy with the results and the car really does look better for it. I had to order a pack of Starlock washers for the numbers and letters and found a good supplier ( a teddy bear makers supplies outfit, believe it or not! ) on ebay, £4.30 for 50 delivered 1st class post. A worthwhile little project indeed, it cost around £15 all in.

Every so often an article seems to jump off the pages and this, for me, was one of them. 

Thankyou, Phil, for a brilliant article, very informative and well written!

Best regards, Derek.

• Like 1

Yes, they're on ebay Colin. Sorry, I don't know how to post a link to the item but the ebay item number is: 231839523234, 5mm Starlock washers from... wait for it... mohair-bear-making-supplies. I kid you not. I ordered 50 for £4.30 including postage on Sunday evening and they arrived on Tuesday morning, great service.

• Like 1