Vesuvius has erupted

Kevin.payne.15

Hello Kevin.

Sorry in advance, but I think that is poor engineering quality / decision making by the company.

A head is either 100% or it's 0% - if the company are as good as you say they are, I'm surprised they did not deal with the issue fully there & then.

These days remedial work on cylinder heads is very much second nature especially with the different welding techniques compared to many decades ago. If the head cannot be worked upon, then I would have thought the company should have declared it "dead".

The net result is a lot of wasted time and unnecessary fault finding experiments that you have had to undertake.

What's the next move now ??

Regards.

Richard. 

Richard

I think this is an incorrect interpretation of the situation. I took the head to them to cur a pair of valves in and it was them that took it upon themselves to check the remainder and in doing so found a crack in an inlet valve seat

They pressure tested hot and advised that it was tight but couldn't comment on if is was new or old and if it would grow over time. The I'd take a look at inserting a valve seatbut because of space constraints couldn't.

I was pleased with their service and would recommend them.

Kevin

Regards. To be honest I didn't ask at that stage. They hot pressure tested and recommended trying the head in its current state and I was only too pleased to go along with this

Subsequent to this I've secured a route to x ray the head if necessary to see how far the crack goes in if it does develop and will worry then

Wish me luck!

Kevin