*URGENT* Triumph Spitfire hardtop coupe (Ashely style) queries

oliproctor

Hi everyone,

I have seen a hardtop coupe that one of my friends has (came off a Spitfire1500 and fits MkIV too) and I was wondering if it would fit a Mk 2 Spitfire? Have heard maybe the windscreens are different on the different Mk's? When I checked on the Ashley website they only seem to build one size for all Mk's which really got my hopes up as I've been looking for a coupe hardtop for my Mk 2 for AGES!

Thanks Oli

Not a direct fit, but could be made to fit with modifications at the rear and a change of door glasses.

although the mk1/2/3 windscreen is smaller than the mk4/1500, the top of the screen should be in the same place as the smaller screen is to allow for the removable frame on the early cars.

the door glasses have a different shape at the top. 

The boot lids are different due to the different style rear ends, so That is where the comparability problem lies and where some serious modifications would be needed to make it fit

Thank you very much for the details. Have you  (or anyone else) made one of these fit to a Mk 2 before and if so do you have any pictures/more details? I can't find any Mk 1,2 or 3 coupe hardtops so tempted by this one. 

If anyone has a Mk 1, 2 or 3 coupe hardtop please pm me! 

Thanks Oli  

14 minutes ago, KevinR said:

Not a direct fit, but could be made to fit with modifications at the rear and a change of door glasses.

although the mk1/2/3 windscreen is smaller than the mk4/1500, the top of the screen should be in the same place as the smaller screen is to allow for the removable frame on the early cars.

the door glasses have a different shape at the top. 

The boot lids are different due to the different style rear ends, so That is where the comparability problem lies and where some serious modifications would be needed to make it fit

Thank you very much for the details. Have you  (or anyone else) made one of these fit to a Mk 2 before and if so do you have any pictures/more details? I can't find any Mk 1,2 or 3 coupe hardtops so tempted by this one. 

If anyone has a Mk 1, 2 or 3 coupe hardtop please pm me! 

Thanks Oli