Wins international

leon.halliwell

Oops. I didn't mean to create any divisions. 

I think it all goes to show that whatever aspect of life you talk about, everyone has different ideas and needs and creating a happy balance is neigh on impossible.

To be fair, and to pour a little oil on the water (a job eminently suited to be and my car) having heard all of your experiences and views it does appear that everyone can find a little something that suits them somewhere. Most people appear to have affiliations with more than one interest/social group and the historic racing crowd exemplify that. 

In these days of Facebook groups and social 'meeja' I don't think it's necessary or fair for a club to be expected to be responsible for everyone's social life as well as preserving and maintain a vast repository of knowledge and archive material.  You could argue that the internet could do that too, but information is only useful if it's curated, physical items need to be stored. And that all requires some way of creating an income to fund that. 

Maybe though, the worst of the decline is over, hardcore fans who appreciate the work and knowledge aren't going anywhere, neither are those that like things the way they are. But it might be time to accept that numbers won't necessarily increase much either no matter what you do. Like shops, pubs and cinemas, they're not what they were in the good old days, but they'll never completely disappear. Keep calm and carry on? 

The club is dead, long live the club! 

I have been thinking about Colins post. What he wants sounds pretty similar to the numerous breakfast meetings that are popping up.

Meet your friends, drive to a breakfast meet in a cafe car park (usually) chew the fat, stay as long as you like, have a cuppa and a bacon/vegan sausage roll etc then pootle off when you feel like it. And they are rarely one-make events, and you do get all sorts of interesting stuff arriving.( I admit there will undoubtedly be the odd mx5!) 

As a bonus you get home in time for Sunday lunch....

I use Wins regularly and find Geoff to be always polite, knowledgeable and helpful - another plus for me, living in the NW of Scotland, if I phone in the morning, the parts are in the post thae same day and very often get to me (via Royal Mail) the next day - brilliant service! And not a mention of a surcharge for delivery to where I stay, like many other suppliers I have contacted over the years! So thank you Geoff for excellent service, I recommend him to as many as I can!

• 3 weeks later...