First show of 2018

... in fact first show since 2015.... The Argory, a stately home in Co. Tyrone hosts this show every year and for many of us it's the traditional start to the show year. A good showing of Triumphs this year, in fact GT6 were the most plentiful, and I noted there were no 1200 Heralds at all. Must remedy that!

DSCF5438.thumb.jpg.c381fbf0312136aefa3cc46a1dbb44bc.jpg

DSCF5442.thumb.jpg.fc2d567d94d6bfe802cc4b8a250a6bf8.jpg

• Like 1

Wow Colin,

Your car is stunning! Well done.

I have the first show of the year this coming weekend at Eastbourne's 'Magnificent Motors' show but my Spitfire will look nowhere near as good as your GT6. My car is rust free but it has a certain 'lived in' look, complemented by my comedy DIY respray. However, nobody seems to mind its imperfections and I enjoy going just for the many "oh I used to have one of those" conversations. I do urge those of you who haven't tried showing your car to have a go, on a fine day it's great fun.

29 minutes ago, Adrian Cooper said:

I do urge those of you who haven't tried showing your car to have a go, on a fine day it's great fun.

I'll agree with that, it's not what the car looks like but what it actually is. We tend to forget that there are many people out there who have never seen a GT6, or even a Herald. I'm intending to rebuild my 1200 but to an extent where it gets an MOT, and then can be actually driven and enjoyed, without worrying about who is going to chip the paint or put a dent in it. That's much more fun and certainly less worrying. 

Yes it's great fun, but take a camping chair and a radio. And a hat for sunny days, even rainy days are good, the first one I went to it tipped down, but I soon identified EXACTLY where my windscreen and rear hatch were leaking! So a worthwhile day.

Doug

• 1 month later...