Sand/Grit Blasting Companies - North West

Paulfc

Hi,

I'm in the process of stripping the GT6 back to bare metal. However the bonnet underside is coated with a mixture of things - paint, underseal and goodness knows what else. I've start to remove it but it'll clearly take many weeks and even then I doubt I'll be able to get into the more inaccessible places. So I'm thinking of getting it blasted. Does anyone know of/can recommend/have experience of any outfits in the Merseyside/Cheshire/North West/North Wales areas who do this type of work?

Thanks,

Paul

Hello Paul,

I've not had any bodywork blasted but my understanding is that there are mixed reviews as with all such situations.

Have you considered getting the bonnet / panel work dipped and stripped ??

This company is well thought of: https://www.envirostripgbltd.com/industrial/auto-restoration/

The downside is that it may be too far for you although they are open 24hrs a day bar weekends.

Again, price wise I do not know - but out of the two stripping options, I would probably go for the chemical route as less damaging IMHO.

Good luck.

Richard. 

Richard,

thanks for the advice. I'd just spoken to a couple of guys in a local club I'm a member of and they'd advised exactly the same. I'd also been experimenting and found that if I soak the areas with a paint stripper, STRIP AWAY PRO, for 30 minutes it comes away really easily just leaving whatever residual paint etc. that's underneath which I can easily deal with. Thanks again.

Paul