Doh...dash replacement. wiring glitch.

00/63484

So after a long wait, The walnut veneer Chapman and Cliff dashboard for my convertible 1360 Herald came off the garage shelf for fitting. Yes, I took pics of the wiring, and yes I was careful with screws and screwdrivers and yes, the dash all fitted nicely c/with a nice loose replacement heater cable to replace the seized previous one.  However, daft old me has the main dash lighting switch wired incorrectly - it needs to be OUT for the headlights and sides to be OFF and IN for them to be on. Simple incorrect positioning of a multi cable I reckon...but hey, what pray is the correct positioning? PS IT WAS LIKE THIS BEFORE I CHANGED DASH!!

It would be nice for all my pull switches to be IN during normal working. Does anyone have pics? 

PS the dash is stunning, but it is a Vitesse Mark 2 version for extra dials I have fitted (oil pressure and etc) . But the afficionadoes amongst you might be horrified....oh and the engine is a very nice peppy 1500 which puts out a lot of BHP at the wheels oh and the seats, brakes, overdrive unit , interior etc have also been changed from nice to NICE.

I like it.

David F

Hmm... not quite sure how swapping cables could reverse the switch operation. It's quite easy to get dash lights before exterior instead of the original exterior first - indeed my Vitesse had been wired like that when I bought it - but out for off sounds like somebody's fitted the wrong switch.

However, this is a photo I took of my Spitfire's switch to make sure I put it back right:

LightSwitchWiring.jpg

Drat - and after all these years...possibly the wrong switch! Curses. I will need to loosen the dash and take incriminating pics of the switch solus rather than of a range of bits to  focus for you experts out there. I will, I will..

It has worked for years as it is with the previous dash..but it always felt wrong somehow.

Watch this space - bit busy today though...but needs must...

DF