Rostyle Wheel Inner Retaining Bead Size

Steve Polden

Hi, I have a Vitesse Mk 2 with rostyle wheel trims. The inner bead that fits onto the wheel seem to have different depths. Does anyone know what the various sizes should fit? I have a mixture on the Vitesse and a good set (no dents or scuffs) I bought at Stoneleigh last year, but the bead does not reach the raised 'clips' on the wheel

Steve,

If you have trims with the BL logo in the centre cap and/or a hole in the centre then they are not the correct items. They've probably come from  Triumph 2.5 PI, which has the BL logo fitted as a separate centre cap. They also have a different clip size for a different wheel ,which means they do not fit well to the Vitesse wheel rim - ask me how I know ! I lost two over the years, until I learned that there is a difference between the two. Proper Vit Mk2 and GT6 Mk2 trims will not have a hole in the centre. Many autojumblers pass off the wrong item by removing the BL centre cap. Even with the correct items the clips get weak with with time  - result a rattly trim ! If you have a mix of trims I seem to recall that you can drill the rivets out that hold the clip ring on and substitute the correct item ?

Gav